Monday, May 05, 2008

Cancer

Well it's been a while since I last wrote in here. I thought I give a update to what has been going on. Well A friend of the family passed away a week ago of Cancer. Cancer can be a deadly disease and there are many forms of it. I have known a few people who have had it and lost their battle to it.

My next door neighbor's husband died a few years ago. He had it once it went away and then it came back and it came back worse and when you have for a second time it is rarely someone ever lives. Then my cousin had
Hodgkin's Lymphoma which is a another form of cancer and she is a survivor of that and I pray that doesn't come back. Then recently I heard that a guy I go to church with has cancer. I also praying that he can survive that. I hope that one day that they will find a treatment for cancer that it will nevcr exsit again.

Then with my dad having a heart attack and having 2 stints and a defibrillator on his heart makes me worry. I have a family history of heart attacks and I am now starting to realize I have to get healthy and watch what I eat and exercise. I have already cut my meat intake. I am eating more chicken and seafood. Then I have to focus on not eating fried foods and foods that have a lot of fat in it.

I started to exercise again. My new gym opened up on may 2nd and I just went today for the first time. I forgot how sore you can be after not working out in a long time but I am back on the wagon and feeling great. I just hope that I can meet someone at my gym and I can have a workout buddy to help motivate me.

I also need to lose about 20 lbs before September but I am not really not that focused on that cause if I do I am setting myself up for disappointment. I am also geting in shape to run a 5K soon.

No comments: