Saturday, March 28, 2009

80's Memories Part 2

I remember all sorts of "mint" stuff from the 80's. We had the best stuff like
  • cabbage patch kids
  • rainbow brite
  • my little pony
  • hugga bunch
  • Lite brite
  • strawberry shortcake
  • care bears
  • smurfs
  • He man
  • She-RA
  • Teddy Rusbin
  • Thunder Cats
  • Facts of Life
  • Different Strokes
  • garbage pail kids
  • charm necklaces (clipped onto plastic necklaces)
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • Night rider
  • Punky Bruster
  • The Greatest American Hero
  • THE MUPPET SHOW
  • Movies: Sixteen candles, Dirty Dancing, the Goonies, Neverending Story, The Karate Kid.( I thought Ralph Macchio was soooo cute!) I remember the clothes fondly too. Champion sweatshirts, and three layers of socks!, tight rolled up jeans, Benneton. I think, the thing I miss the most from the 80's is being so young. I didn't have a care in the world and I enjoyed everything. There was just enough technology to have fun (like nintendo) but not too much, so we could still use our imaginations. Like Digging for gold in the backyard sandbox, or spending the afternoon way up in a tree. Life was simple then, probably because I was young, but I will never forget how much fun I had.

No comments: