Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Time for a change - Part 2

Life is too short to think about a guy. What I need is a fresh new start in my life even though I don't like changes that much but it's time for me to end this chapter in my life and start a new one. A while ago I made this thing that I compared the good and bad about staying in Michigan and also about moving to California.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Moving to California~Good & Bad~

The Good

  • Angela & Patricia live there
  • Better job opportunities
  • Warmer weather/ no snow
  • Always something to do
  • Start a new fresh new life
  • Ocean / Beaches
  • New places to visit
  • Celebrities Expensive to live there
  • Meet new people
  • Make new friends
  • I love the atmosphere
  • Make new memories

The Bad
  • Earthquakes
  • Mudslides
  • Fires
  • Miss my family and friends
  • Get used to living in a different state
  • I’ll have to learn how to drive in California
  • Drive in lots of traffic
  • Away from Family and Friends
  • Miss out on Family Functions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Staying in Michigan ~ Good & Bad~

The Good
  • My family and friends are here
  • I’ve lived her all my life
  • No major disasters
  • Cheaper to live here
  • Cheaper gas prices
  • Won’t miss Family Functions
The Bad
  • Miss out on better job opportunities
  • Weather changes - 4 seasons
  • There aren’t any jobs here
  • My past is here
  • Need to get out of this state
  • Missing out on new experiences
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Michigan to California Summary~

Overall I am still thinking about if I really want to move to California. It all depends on if I meet someone here and fall in love and we decide to get married then I’ll stay in Michigan but if I am single by age 30 then I will move to California to pursue a new life. Moving to California will give me the opportunity to start a fresh new life. I’ll be able to make new friends and memories. To be able to leave my past behind. I’ll be able to explore new things that California has to offer. Leaving all that I know here, my family, friends, and all of the memories I have made here. I need to start a new beginning of my life somewhere away from my past. I’ll keep all of my memories that are good close to my heart and let those bad fade away. This is why I need to start a new life in a another state other than Michigan.

When I leave Michigan to visit California I’m happy to step off the plane, get my luggage and out of the airport. To smell the California air, feel it on my skin. Then Angie comes to pick me up, I get in the car & glance around LAX airport as Angie heads to her apartment, I look at everyone living their lives, Then I stay for awhile and enjoy myself, then it’s time for me to leave to go back home, Angie takes me back to the airport, I say good -bye, I am sad and I feel like crying, as I leave to wait for my plane I get tears in my eyes, then I board the plane, about 4 hours later I get off the plane, step into the Michigan air, feel the Michigan air, My mom picks me up and then it’s HOME! But…..I do miss California when I am not visiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you can see that there are a lot more advantages to moving to California rather than saying in Michigan. I tried to think of more but I couldn't. I guess that California beats Michigan so until I can think about more good things about staying in Michigan I guess my future home will be in California.

No comments: